Friday, April 15, 2011

Shield

You left your shield, my darling

You walked into battle without it

I wondered why you forgot about it



But, you didn’t answer when I beckoned

I wanted to return it to you that second

Before you got wounded and ruined…



You thought your plan was better suited

But darling without me you were looted



I was trying to get your attention

Hoping you’d choose prevention



And then, you came to me today, frustrated and worn

A week of trials and thorns

But darling, you forgot you were reborn

By the blood of the lamb, meant to be adorned



Beautiful and valuable

But womanly and fallible

As a daughter of me, the king

My desire is that you tenaciously cling

To my love that renews like Spring

My hunger for you is not a fling



Beloved, you are who I crave

You know me, I can save

In my book, your name is engraved



Find your satisfaction in me

I won’t leave you stranded, I guarantee

This love thing is my specialty



Your cup will be overflowing

Your zest for life overgrowing

Your love for others super showing

My light in you greatly glowing



So darling, take back your shield

Give me your heart, so it can be healed

For in me, your beauty is revealed!



No comments:

Post a Comment